In this article, we share the 10 best essential oil blends for diffusing that you can easily make at home! Everyone loves the feeling of walking into a lovely smelling home. How your house smells can create different atmospheres depending on what scent is in the air. Would you like your home to smell relaxing and soothing after a long day’s work? Would you like your home to smell bright and r...
Using essential oils for candles has a wide variety of benefits, aside from just the pleasing aromas. Let’s discuss what the 10 best essential oils to use in candles are and why.
Nowadays, essential oils are in everything – and I mean everything.
Products ranging from makeup, skincare, and haircare, to household cleaners, perfumes, and even laundry detergent. The benefits of incorporating essential oils into your life are endless.
They are being more commonly used among households around the world today than ever before. One of the most popular reasons that people are using them is for aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils – either through inhalation or direct body application – that improves psychological and physical well-being.
Different Ways to Use Aromatherapy
You can diffuse essential oils with a diffuser that disperses the essential oils into the air by being carried by tiny microdroplets of water vapor. These products can range anywhere from $20 for a basic and small diffuser to $100 for a long-lasting, powerful diffuser.
You can also create a massage oil by diluting it with a carrier oil, such as almond or coconut oil. Depending on which oils you use, rub it in different areas of your body that need the benefits. For instance, rubbing a blend of coconut oil and peppermint oil on your stomach relieves stomach aches and soothes the digestive cramps. Another use of this blend can be for headaches, where you take a small amount and rub it on your temples and the back of the neck at the base of the skull.
However, what we are here to discuss today is an option for aromatherapy that is simple, easy, inexpensive, and fun.
Essential Oils for Candles
Everybody loves candles. The millions of different smelling combinations, designs, and silly names of flavors like Warm Sweater or Cozy by the Fire make candles fun for everybody.
Essential oils are perfect for candles whether you want to buy a pre-made soy candle with an amazing scent that uses essential oils or make them yourself at home.
DIY Candle Making
Making your own candles at home is much simpler than you would expect. With just a few tools and a few steps, you can create your very own unique smelling candles. These would be perfect to keep around the house to create a nice smelling, relaxing atmosphere if you are using them for aromatherapy.
They can also be used as a thoughtful gift on a special occasion.
Using essential oils for candles has many amazing benefits. If you decide to create your own candles ensure that you are using 100% pure essential oils, also called Therapeutic grade. Do your research on the brand that you are buying from so that you are using the highest quality oil in your candles.
The Top 10 Best Essential Oils for Candles
- Rosemary Essential Oil Rosemary is one of the best essential oils for candles because it reduces stress levels and nervous tension. It also supports healthy respiratory functions, boosts mental clarity, and helps with concentration. It is used to enhance the mood of whatever room it is in.
- Lavender Essential Oil The fragrance of lavender essential oil is said to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation. It is used to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil Cedarwood is listed as an essential oil for candles because it is a strong deodorizer for indoor environments. It also repels insects and prevents mildew development. It also helps to clear the mind of harmful stress, boosts cerebral activity, and improves quality of sleep.
- Patchouli Essential Oil A 2011 preliminary study found that patchouli essential oil may have sedative effects and help to promote sleep in individuals with sleeping problems. It also helps to relieve anxiety and stress.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil Sweet orange is one of the top essential oils for candles because it has a very light, uplifting aroma. It soothes stress while promoting feelings of joy and cheerfulness. It enhances the mood of whatever room it is in.
- Marjoram Essential Oil Marjoram essential oil is one of the most overlooked essential oils for candles, yet it is listed here because of its many benefits. It balances the body and mind and helps with anxiety, stress, and grief. It has a wonderful, herbal aroma that blends well with other essential oils nicely.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil Grapefruit is another citrus essential oil for candles. It also has a light, uplifting aroma that may help balance mood, reduce stress, and lower blood pressure.
- Cinnamon Essential Oil Cinnamon is an essential oil for candles that are used mainly throughout the holiday season. It has a nice, warm aroma that is comforting during the colder months of the year. It creates a relaxing, peaceful feeling that, for many, stirs up nostalgic holiday memories full of laughter and cheer.
- Clove Essential Oil The scent of clove essential oil can stimulate the brain and make you more alert and attentive. It produces a warm, strong, and spicy aroma that blends well with similar spices, floral, citrus, or woodsy oils.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil Clary sage essential oil is a natural antidepressant and a stress reducer. It is known as one of the most relaxing essential oils, making it the last – but definitely not least – of the top essential oils for candles.